We’re very tender shoots, we writers. We need comfort and confidence to pursue our craft; yet we work in an art form that lends itself to disparagement. So we teeter, often in the same moment, at feeling sure of the direction we’re taking and fearful that we’re just kidding ourselves. This is a very tough place to be in if you’ve got a page count to make.
My coaching works to resolves that conflict.
I can’t give out a generic ‘this is how to do it’ because ‘how to do it’ differs for each of us. Rather, I meet you where you are in your project and your writing process, and we work forward from there.
My goal is to help you succeed at your goal. Unlike some other coaches, I will not promise you publication. I do not have five foolproof ways of getting you to write a bestseller.
Here are some of the things I have done for other writers I’ve worked with:
- Guided a blogger from Day One of Chapter One of her memoir through to The End. Then introduced her to the all-important Proposal Package, and shepherded her through that process, culminating in a 16 page professional proposal ready to send to agents and editors.
- Brainstormed plot direction and characterization traits for a first time novelist
- Found the point in the writing where the focus has been lost or organization gone askew and reset the writer to an effective revision
- Created for a blogger with aims to be a travel writer, but little understanding of how the field worked a viable plan that set her on the road to her first assignment
- Worked with a blogger to create an essay from first idea to final draft that became her first paying magazine assignment
- Listened to and reassured a writer from the depths of my own experience that feeling like a fraud is one of the hallmarks of being a writer!
- Created a viable organizational outline for a blogger overwhelmed by turning her life experience into a publishable book
- Found the source of a writer’s block and designed effective exercises for dealing with that specific source
What can I do for you? Tell me in the comments. Or, fill in the form below.