Creating a podcast when you’re the other side of 60 is challenging…and fun…and, yes, scary (I’m always sure my party will be the one no one attends).
Here’s what I’ve come up with. It will be a once a week podcast. It will run for 45 minutes, divided into 10-15 minute segments, featuring interviews, conversations, readings and whatever else, on a variety of topics. Such as
- How Old Are You?
- Grandparenting in a non-binary world
- Today’s Job Market: if only it was 1968
- HaIr: long v short, grey v dyed, curly v straight, personal preference v cultural mores–and why do we care?
- Sex after sixty…and seventy….and eighty: a variety of viewpoints
- Retirement: Pro, Con, Can’t afford it
- Care-taking & Widowhood
- Travel on the other side of 60
- Finances – when you didn’t plan for the future; faking it in the middle class
- Family – when relationships change
- Friendships on the Other Side of 60
- Love & Relationships
- Skin: – Expert opinion and venting about warts, growths, age blotches, wrinkles, changes in skin tone, superfluous hair, senile acne, toenails, fingernails, dry skin, fragile skin
- Clothing, Fashion, Comfort
Those are just my ideas at one sitting on one particular day. What are yours? What conversations are you having–or wish you could have–with similarly aged people? Any ideas, additions, thoughts, are more than welcome. And if you’re interested in joining in, let me know.